About Ayre Manor
Owned by the Sooke Elderly Citizens' Housing Society (SECHS) — a local non-profit charitable society formed in 1968 by the Old Age Pensioners Organization — Ayre Manor is supported by Island Health, BC Housing, and the District of Sooke in partnership with Sooke Elderly Citizens' Housing Society (SECHS). The new Ayre Manor assisted living and complex care facilities opened in July 2008.
Our Mission & Vision
MISSION To provide a range of high-quality seniors' housing and care options, allowing residents of the Sooke Region to age in place, surrounded by friends and family.
VISION A caring community of residents, families, staff and volunteers in the best place to live, work and play.
- Strong community partnerships
- Care and compassion
- Ensuring all stakeholder safety
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Dignity and respect
- Honesty and integrity
- Responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to excellence
- Supporting quality of life for the Ayre Manor community
Sooke is a small seaside community known for its friendly folks, beautiful scenery, west coast history and locally-owned restaurants, services and shops. Many of the Sooke's residents have lived here a long time and have deep community ties, so Ayre Manor fills a need to remain connected to local family and friends as life changes.
Learn more about the Community of Sooke, BC
Join the Sooke Elderly Citizens’ Housing Society and make a difference in your community. Membership is $10 annually or a Lifetime Membership is $100, which gives you voting rights at all general meetings as well as invitations to special community events held at Ayre Manor.
250.642.1750 ext. 101
Our History: Milestones
- 1964 – The Original Founders – OAPO # 88, Sooke
- 1967, June – Sooke Mirror, Pensioners Plan New Rest Home
- 1968, May 2 – Sooke Elderly Citizens’ Housing Society formed
- 1968, June – Incorporated under the Societies Act
- 1968, Sep 18 – First AGM
- 1968 – Purchased land
- 1972 – Built first 6-unit cottage building
- 1978 – Built second 6-unit cottage building
- 1984 – Built third 6-unit cottage building
- 2008 – Opened new building with 25 Assisted Living Apartments and 32 Complex Care Suites
- 2017 – Hospice Care suites added
- 2021 – Passed Accreditation with Commendation by Accreditation Canada
OAPO #88 playing bridge (1964)
Buying the Land (1968)
Did You Know?
Our logo, the Great Blue Heron is a majestic bird who teaches us the wisdom of standing still, waiting patiently, while what we need comes to us. Allow the dignity of the Great Heron to inspire you: practice walking with assurance and deliberation, taking your time and refusing to be hurried.