Annual General Meeting
Sooke Elderly Citizens Housing Society (SECHS)
Our most recent AGM was held Thursday, October 27, 2022.
Our next AGM will be in autumn 2023.
Due to COVID-19 protocols, we could hold our AGM at Ayre Manor. Our Board of Directors chose the option of a virtual meeting to apprise SECHS members of the AGM Business and Reports. All reports are available upon request.
To vote at the AGM, your membership dues for the next year must be paid on or before the AGM date. Membership is $10 annually or a Lifetime Membership is $100. Membership gives you voting right at all general meetings as well as invitations to special community events held at Ayre Manor.
Nominations for Directors
- Board of Director positions are filled each for a 3 year term.
- Any member of the Society may nominate any other person for election.
- The nominee does not have to be a member of SECHS. According to Bylaw 18, such nominee "may become a member of the Society and be elected to the Board of Directors in the same meeting."
- Nominations must be received at the Society's office at Ayre Manor, by post or by hand, by 5pm the day before the AGM. Any nominations received after this closing time will not be considered. See Contact page for address.
- Written consent of the nominee must accompany each nomination.
- There is an information package of the history of Ayre Manor and the expectations for new Board Members available upon request. You are also welcome to browse this website.