Annual General Meeting
Sooke Elderly Citizens Housing Society (SECHS)
Our most recent AGM was Thursday, October 19, 2023 at 10am via Zoom.
Our next AGM will be held in the fall of 2024.
To vote at the AGM, your membership dues for the next year must be paid on or before the AGM date. Membership is $10 annually or a Lifetime Membership is $100. Membership gives you voting right at all general meetings as well as invitations to special community events held at Ayre Manor.
- Board of Director positions are filled each for a 3 year term.
- Any member of the Society may nominate any other person for election.
- The nominee does not have to be a member of SECHS. According to Bylaw 18, such nominee "may become a member of the Society and be elected to the Board of Directors in the same meeting."
- Nominations must be received at the Society's office at Ayre Manor, by post or by hand, by 5pm the day before the AGM. Any nominations received after this closing time will not be considered. See Contact page for address.
- Written consent of the nominee must accompany each nomination.
- There is an information package of the history of Ayre Manor and the expectations for new Board Members available upon request. You are also welcome to browse this website.