Annual General Meeting
Sooke Elderly Citizens Housing Society (SECHS)
Our AGM was held Thursday, October 22, 2020, at 1:00pm
Due to COVID-19 protocols, we did not hold our AGM at Ayre Manor. Instead, the AGM was held upstairs at the Sooke Community Hall at 2037 Sheilds Road at Eustace (elevator available).
We look forward to seeing you at the 2021 AGM.
A BC Ministerial Order will remain in force for the duration of the current state of emergency, allowing for greater flexibilities including cancellation or postponement of the AGM. The Board has chosen the option of a hybrid meeting with in-person COVID-19 physical distancing and seating requirements and virtual hosting with the use of Zoom to apprise SECHS members of the AGM Business and Reports. All reports are available upon request.
FOR THE VIRTUAL / ZOOM MEETING: To take part in the Zoom meeting, please phone Ayre Manor at 250.642.1750 ext. 101 (Front Desk) to register. If you are a member in good standing, you will be able to vote by Zoom and your vote will be recorded.
FOR THE IN-PERSON MEETING: In compliance with COVID-19 protocols and the rules of the Sooke Community Association, we also ask those who wish to attend in person to please pre-register in order that we may be able to stay within the physical distancing rules with our seating plan.
In order to vote at the AGM, your membership dues for 2020/2021 must be paid on or before the AGM date. Membership is $10 annually or a Lifetime Membership is $100. Membership gives you voting right at all general meetings as well as invitations to special community events held at Ayre Manor.
2019/2020 Directors Currently Serving
- Lorraine Hoy
- Ron (Fuzzy) Fedosenko
- David Hannis
- Adele Lewis
- Geraldine McGuire
- Pat Phillips
- Trudy Pearson
- Sandy Pedneault
- Larry Umbach
Nominations for Directors
- There are THREE Director positions to be filled, each for a 3 year term.
- The following incumbents whose terms have expired have agreed to put their names forward for a further 3 year term:
- David Hannis
- Trudy Pearson
- One more position is available.
- Any member of the Society may nominate any other person (including non-members) for election.
- The nominee does not have to be a member of SECHS. According to Bylaw 18: such nominee "may become a member of the Society and be elected to the Board in the same meeting."
- Nominations must be delivered to the Society's office at Ayre Manor, 6764 Ayre Road, Sooke, BC V9Z 1K1, by post or by hand, by 5pm the day before the AGM. Any nominations received after this closing time will not be considered.
- Written consent of the nominee must accompany each nomination.
- There is an information package of the history of Ayre Manor and the expectations for new Board Members available upon request. You are also welcome to browse this website.
Please feel free to bring along friends who may like to become involved with Ayre Manor and/or SECHS as volunteers, members or possibly board members.
REMEMBER TO PRE-REGISTER TO ATTEND, IN-PERSON OR VIRTUALLY.